Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women around the world. Unfortunately, Pakistan has the highest incidence of breast cancer in Asia. At Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (SKMCH&RC) breast cancer continues to be the highest malignancy reported and currently being treated over the years. The causes of breast cancer are not yet know with certainty and research into this continues. Nevertheless, studies have shown that early detection of breast cancer can result in a survival rate of over 90%.
SKMCH&RC remains dedicated to raise awareness about Breast Cancer and how early detection can help save our life and the lives of the women we love by launching its Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign.
Breast Cancer Awareness Activities 2012
- Breast Cancer Awareness Day at the Hospital
- Pink day at female colleges and universities followed by a breast cancer awareness session by medical staff
- Breast Cancer Awareness Session in corporates
- Breast Cancer Awareness Session in ladies club
- Grooming session for breast cancer patients being treated at SKMCH&RC
- Articles on Breast Cancer
Note: Breast Cancer Awareness Leaflets are available at the Hospital.