Anothe record of Pakistan super star Shahid Afridi has been broken yesterday by West Indies batsman Chris Gayle. As Gayle reached at the top position in most sixes in international matches against England in 1st ODI match at Bridgetown.
While playing first one day international match between West Indies and England, Chris Gayle played a blasting innings of 135 runs on 129 balls, he hits three fours and twelve sixes before bowled out on Stokes ball. As he completed his 24th ODI century he also take over the Afridi’s record of most sixes in the ODI.
Chris Gayle has hits 477 international sixes in 444 matches and on top of the list, while Afridi has 476 sixes in 524 matches and number three position is hold by Brendon McCullum who has 398 sixes. Sanath Jayasuriya is at fourth place with 352 sixes.
West Indian player Chris Gayle also announced his retirement plan before the three-match ODI series, he said that will retire at the end of 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup in England & Wales.
MOST SIXES IN INTERNATIONALS CRICKET
- (1) Chris Gayle (488 Sixes) (514 Innings)
- (2) Shahid Afridi (476 Sixes) (508 Innings)
- (3) Brendon Macullum (398 Sixes) (474 Innings)
- (4) Sanath Jayasuriya (352 Sixes) (651 Innings)
- (5) Rohit Sharma (349 Sixes) (327 Innings)
- (6) MS Dhoni (348 Sixes) (513 Innings)
- (7) AB De Villiers (328 Sixes) (484 Innings)
- (8) Martin Guptil (290 Sixes) (329 Innings)
- (9) Sachin Tendulkar (264 Sixes) (782 Innings)
- (10) Adam Gilchrist (262 Sixes) (429 Innings)