Monday , September 24 2018
Home / Sports / Pakistan Champions League T20 2012

Pakistan Champions League T20 2012

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced the second edition of the Pakistan Champions League. This T20 Tournament will star from May 20, 2012. All the matches will be played at the Rashid Latif Cricket Academy (RLCA) grounds in Korangi and Gulberg, Karachi. Geo Super will televise all the matches of the competition.

The tournament includes 32-club level teams that are divided into eight groups, featuring domestic sides, along with four international clubs – Canada’s Berry Cricket Club, UAE’s Sharjah Cricket Club, Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh Cricket Association and Afghanistan Youth Cricket Club. The local participants include teams from Lahore, Multan, Sialkot, Karachi, Rahim Yar Khan, Faisalabad, Quetta, Islamabad, Burewala, Dadu, Peshawar, Hyderabad, Rawalpindi, Abbottabad and Fata.

The winners of the tournament will be awarded a sum of $20,000, while the runners-up will be given $10,000. There are also prizes for the losing semi-finalists, who will be distributed $2000 each.

The idea behind inviting the foreign teams was floated by former wicket-keeper and skipper Rashid Latif, who requested the respective clubs to participate in the T20 competition, and help Pakistan in convincing other cricketing nations to come and play on their home turf.

About Imran Ahmad

5 comments

1. bakwas tournament 32 teams this is too much

2. Its Gud work By Rashid Latif Former Captian of Pakistan. InshALLAH gud msg going To ICC and other cricketing counterys. And main thing to Hope international cricket will back there .

3. Rashid bhai is a great sportsman and try to do some good things for the Nation.Love you Rashid latif and also those who are supporting him.I hope this tournament give some good results for international cricket for our Lovely Country.I am excited to watch our Pakistan Champion League.

4. Khalid Hameed Khan

That`s gonna be a great effort to brings International sides to Pakistan, but there is something a technical lacking showing as Rashid Bhai and his company organizing this tournament in a very hot summer season. T20 is a quick format where you can not avail a player like Sachin Tendulkar ,tempo of the game is little higher than 50 overs game and in a severe heat you can not consume 100% performance I believe. So if you are hunting talent gonna be useless. Great Imran Khan never played in hot season ever in his life ,which i personally known ,because he knew that his performance will lead him to an insulting position with a lesser energy by the grace of a severe climate.

5. Its gud effort of rashid latif•i luv rashid latif•

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.