PTCL has introduced new service of SmartLink App that will offer it’s customers to make maximum use of WiFi. Now all those customers who have subscribed to PTCL Broadband DSL service can use WiFi connection to make landline calls from smartphone and also users can forward landline calls to smartphone through the app, it also allows instant message and video calls. Other features of the app include the ability to watch over 150 channels that are available through the PTCL Smart TV service and PIA flight inquiries.
This app service is available in 5 cities: Islamabad/Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi, Faisalabad and Peshawar with more cities expected to be added to the list soon. If you want to avail the service, simply download the SmartLink app from google app store and click ‘Register’. Just fill out the registration form which requires details about your PTCL connection, Name, CNIC, Account ID, email and Cell number. Once the credentials you entered are verified, the app will be registered and SmartLink service will be activated. PTCL will usually call you within 24 hours to validate your subscription but you can also call them yourself at 1236 to get started right away.
PTCL SmartLink App Features:
- All you need to have is a PTCL Landline number, on which you will register your PTCL Smart app
- Your landline number should be registered in: Islamabad/Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi, Faisalabad and Peshawar
- Once registered, you can make landline calls (with-in Pakistan) from PTCL Smart app
- You can also receive calls for your registered PTCL number directly on your app — simply forward your landline number to your app
- You can be on non-PTCL WiFi to use the Smart app
- Your App-to-Landline calls will be charged as per your usual landline tariff
- Laneline-to-app calls are free. Call forwarding should be enabled on your landline number as you have to forward calls to your PTCL smart app.
- Your app-to-app voice/video calls and sms are absolutely free
- Watch 150 Live TV Channels with PTCL SmartLink App – smart tv subscription required.
- PTCL Smart App will also work with 3G.
- PTCL Smart app is currently available for Android phones only
The app is free to use and the SmartLink service doesn’t have any subscription charges. PTCL has confirmed that its SmarLink app is restricted for use only in Pakistan, i.e. anyone using this app from abroad won’t be able to use the app. Moreover, the app is in beta and hence only one instance of subscription is allowed on a smartphone. More instances – meaning that multiple users using the same login on different smartphones – might get allowed after the launch.