PTCL about to launch it’s new service called SmartLink App that will offer it’s user to connect with their landline numbers on smartphone through internet. PTCL Smartlink App uses your WiFi or 3G network connection to convert your landline number into a virtual number to make and receive calls on your smartphones.
This means that PTCL customers can now make and receive landline calls through mobile phones on-the-go, anywhere and anytime. Incoming calls are free, while outgoing calls are charged as per your regular landline tariffs.
The application is currently available in 41 cities and can be easily downloaded from Google Playstore. Apple iOS App is also coming soon and will be made available for iPhones. PTCL subscribers can benefit from this application through a simple registration process.
All voice, video calls and messaging is free-of-cost from SmartLink to SmartLink, while standard landline tariff is applicable for calls to PTCL landline and mobile operators.
PTCL SmartLink App Features:
- App is free without any subscription or monthly charge but requires registration.
- PTCL DSL customers can register with the app by using their PTCL number
- Once registered, log-in from multiple devices, with same user account. Outgoing calls will be allowed on all devices while billing will be based upon collective outgoing activity.
- Once registered, SmartLink app runs on any WiFi or even on 3G networks
- SmartLink to SmartLink voice and video calls are free
- Make calls to Landline and Mobile at your landline Tariff
- Stay in touch with all your buddies through Instant Messaging
- Watch 150 PTCL Smart TV channels on your phone (requires separate subscription)
- PIA flight enquiry is at your fingertips
- Access your mobile contact directory for calls and messages
PTCL SmartLink App Availability:
- The app is currently available in 41 cities.
- All Customers with PTCL Broadband-DSL connections can subscribe to this service
- The application is free with no subscription and monthly charges, however, outgoing calls are charged as per your regular landline tariffs.
PTCL SmartLink App Registration:
- Download App from google app store.
- Install the application on your Android Phone and click the “Register” button after opening the app.
- Fill in the registration form with your PTCL details, i.e. Name, CNIC, PSTN #, Account ID, email and Cell number
- If the credentials match, the application would be registered and SmartLink to anywhere calls shall be activated