Google has partnered with Warid Telecom (Pvt) Ltd. to offer its Gmail users an ability to send free sms to any Warid number from their Gmail accounts or through Google Chat.
With this service Warid subscribers can also reply back to SMS messages sent from Google chat, which will appear on Gmail user’s interface. It merits mentioning here that first message has to be sent by a Gmail user via Gmail chat client. This means the subscriber cannot initiate chat themselves with their Gmail contacts from mobile phone.
How to send SMS to Warid Numbers:
Gmail users will have to simply Log into their account. In the Send SMS box above Chat, enter the phone number you want to send SMS to. Next a window will appear where you can check the country code and phone number of the SMS recipient to save this contact to build your address book. Next time you will be able to send SMS to same number by just the name.
Next a chat-window will pop on right bottom, simply type the message and hit enter… that’s it. Your message will be sent to the phone number you entered.
How Warid Subscribers Respond to Gmail Chat SMS?
To respond to the message received from Gmail user, simply reply from mobile. Reply will appear on Gmail interface of Gmail user. The reply should be sent within 24 hours otherwise the session will expire.
Please note that these commands can be sent in response to SMS received from the Gmail user only.
- HELP: Command can be used to get list of useful commands.
- BLOCK: Command can be used to block messages from a specific Gmail user. This command should be sent in response to the SMS from that Gmail user whom you want to block.
- UNBLOCK: Command can be used to un-block Gmail user. After the execution of this command, mobile subscriber will be able to receive messages from the Gmail user he has previously blocked
- Following commands can be sent at 2434000.
- STOP: To block all messages from all Gmail users.
- START: To enables receiving SMS messages from Gmail if you’re currently blocking these.
- SMS sent by Gmail users to Warid subscribers will be free of cost, but with limited daily credits. Read below to learn on how to receive more credits.
- SMS sent by Warid subscribers to Gmail users will be charged @ Rs. 1+Tax/SMS.
- No subscription is required to avail Gmail SMS service.
Gmail offers initial SMS credit for 50 SMS, which decreases each time you send an SMS from Gmail chat client.
- Every time you send a message, your credit decreases by one.
- Every time you receive an SMS message in Chat (for example when a phone user replies to one of your messages) your credit increases by five, up to a maximum of 50.
- If your SMS credit goes down to zero at any point, it will increase back up to one 24 hours later.