Warid Telecom has introduced SMS roaming service for its Postpaid subscribers who will be able to send and receive SMS instantly while traveling abroad, in order to stay in touch with the family and friends in Pakistan. There are no hard and fast procedures to activate this SMS roaming service as the user can simply type ‘IRSMS ON’ and send it to 129 for the quick activation. In order to deactivate the service, send ‘IRSMS OFF’ to 129 and there will be no charges for the deactivation of the service as said by the company but standard SMS charges would be applicable for sending the deactivation command. The charges for activation of this service are Rs. 100+tax and once you activate the service, it can be availed for two weeks.
Terms and Conditions:
- To avail the SMS roaming service by Warid, the users will be required to have credit limit of at least Rs. 2000 which will be charged for the security deposit, however, this amount will be refundable after the deactivation of service.
- Voice and other regular VAS services are not available while a customer has SMS Roaming activated.
- For Postpaid subscribers who already have a credit limit of Rs. 2000, no walk-in or call to helpline required.
- The message sent to 129 will only work in Pakistan and if the service gets deactivated while roaming abroad, you will not be able to send or receive any SMS.
- To reactive SMS roaming while abroad, you can log on to Warid website (www.waridtel.com) and email your request to Customer Services.