Pakistan Meteorological Department issue high flood warning on Trimmu Head Works
Jhang (Flood Update / Saturday, September 6, 2014) – Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has issued floold warning on Trimmu Barrage in District Jhang.
This exceptionally high flood will reach at Trimmu Head Works on September 9 (Tuesday) and September 10 (Wednesday).
It is expected that almost 575000 cusecs to 675000 cusecs water will flow at this point of Chenab River.
It is worth mentioned here that the River Jhelum and River Chinab meets here.
Trimmu Head is located at 24 Kilometer of distance from Jhang Saddar.
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
PAKISTAN METEOROLOGICAL DEPARTMENT
FLOOD FORECASTING DIVISION
46-JAIL ROAD LAHORE
Dated:Saturday, September 06, 2014
SIGNIFICANT FLOOD FORECAST FOR RIVER CHENAB AT TRIMMU
River Chenab at Trimmu is likely to attain Very High to Exceptionally High Flood Level ranging from 5,75,000 to 6,75,000 Cusecs at 0200 PST of 09-09-2014 to 2100 PST of 10-09-2014.
Under this condition Districts Sargodha, Jhang & Toba Taik Singh are likely to be inundated. All concerned authorities are requested to take all necessary measures to avoid any loss of life and property.
Time of issue: 12:50 PST
- Chief Minister, Punjab.
- Federal Minister, Water & Power, Islamabad.
- Chairman NDMA, Islamabad.
- D.G. Engineers, Eng. Directorate GHQ, Rawalpindi.
- Chairman, Federal Flood Commission, Islamabad.
- Chief Secretary, Punjab
- Secretary, Irrigation, Punjab.
- Chief Engineer Irrigation Punjab.
- Secretary, Aviation Division, Islamabad.
- Secretary, Ministry of Water & Power, Islamabad.
- PDMA’S (D.G’S, All Provinces & AJK).
- All other concerned